Current owners of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order can now get a free upgrade to the new Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 versions of the game. And good news for anyone who owns a hard copy, but one of the disc-less models of the PS5 or Series X: You can get the upgrade too, according to an FAQ from EA.
The upgraded Jedi: Fallen Order includes the usual batch of visual improvements you’d expect with more powerful consoles: an improved frame rate, as well as a higher resolution experience for Xbox Series X, Series S, and PlayStation 5. (When the performance mode for the Series X and PS5 is turned on, the game will run at 1440p Resolution at 60 FPS.) There’s also improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5, but not for the Xbox Series S.
To get the enhanced game, players in need of a swamp only need to go to EA’s website, select your platform, choose “Codes and promotions” for your category, and “Replace disc with code” for your issue. Then just complete a webform, provide proof of purchase, and you’ll get your code.
EA says you’ll be able to transfer your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 save files to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5 as well. All trophies and achievements you unlocked in the previous generation version of the game will carry over to the newest version if you transfer your save.
Polygon – All
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’s enhanced PS5/Xbox Series patch
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order – Xbox Series X vs. Xbox One X Comparison – Frame Rate Test
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’s PlayStation 5 And Xbox Series X Upgrade Is Out Now!
- Now Is A Great Time To Get Back To Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Is, Er, Out Now on PS5
- PS4 Saves Are Compatible with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on PS5
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review (PS5)
- EA shoots down hopes of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 2 at EA Play Live
- New Star Wars Comic Sees Leia And Luke Skywalker Visiting Jedi Fallen Order Planet
- Fallen Order Gets Upgrade For PS5 And Xbox Series X/S