Last weekend we got our first hands on look at Ashes of Creation with the Alpha One event. So how was it? What’s the game look like currently? And should you buy-in to play the Alpha right now? Let’s get into it.
While Ashes remains one of my most anticipated upcoming MMOs, there’s a few things you should know about the current version of the game before you spend the money to try it. There’s a lot of potential with AoC, but it’s clear there is still a way to go. I’ll be keeping a close on on this one for sure.
Now for the algorithm…
Ashes of Creation is an MMORPG where everything is permanently impacted
by your actions – explore, trade, build, and let the world take form. From your imagination through your will and into everyone’s reality, what you create will be the cornerstone of the next explorer’s ambition.
Risk Vs Reward
All across Verra, you have the opportunity to experience massive warfare, participate in epic trade caravans, and gather valuable components to craft exquisite items. Not only will your fellow players be your adversaries; the creatures of the land and the very environment itself will pose a constant and fresh challenge. Will you siege castles to become royalty, defeat other guilds to showcase your prowess, shape the marketplace by being a successful trader, or earn renown by developing your artisan crafting skills? This is your story, you tell us!
An Open World
Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMORPG experience. Our world structure is dynamic, and built to react to your actions. Cities will rise and fall as you shape the world of Verra. Quests and secrets will unlock as populations gather and their needs grow. As the world’s NPC structure is established in real-time, you will have the ability to destroy what’s been created, paving the way for new developments, populations, and change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your experience. Gone are the days of static worlds; change is here to stay!
- NEW MMOs, Ashes of Creation Alpha, New World PvP & More! | This Weeks PC Gaming News
- Kickstarter MMORPG Ashes of Creation Enters Alpha One Stage; New Trailer Shows Off What to Expect
- Ashes of Creation looks promising, but the MMO’s vision is unclear in alpha
- Is Hood Outlaws & Legends Any Good? (First Impressions)
- Is PSO2 New Genesis Any Good? (First Impressions)
- Moloch in SMT V Won’t Take Any Bull From Any Demon
- Was Gamescom Opening Night Live Any Good? – Talking Point
- Is the Dodoco Tales any good?
- The Witcher Pokmon Go-like game is out, but is it any good? • Eurogamer.net
- Is Scavengers Any Good? (Early Access Review)