Sierra On-Line founders Ken and Roberta Williams announced today that they will be releasing a new game this year.
Their new title, The Secret is said to be “Sierra flavored” and will be their first new game in over 20 years.
The Secret will also be a collaboration between the Williams and 3D artist Marcus Maximus Mera.
“Roberta and I have been asked for decades whether we would ever produce another game, and we have always firmly said ‘no’,” explained Ken.
“This changed when Roberta had a clever idea for a game, at the same time I am having fun learning the Unity 3D development environment, and I happened to be chatting with a talented 3D artist.”
The Williams founded Sierra On-Line in 1979, and built the company into a prolific producer of adventure games, including Space Quest, Police Quest, and Roberta’s own King’s Quest.
Both the Williams retired from game development in the late ’90s.
- God of War Ragnarok: Cory Barlog and Eric Williams on Changing Directors, Why Williams Was Right for the Role
- DICE joins tributes to The Wire's Michael K. Williams • Eurogamer.net
- PlatinumGames’ 36-years-in-the-making space shooter sequel – PlayStation.Blog
- Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition took 3 years to develop and sold over a million copies
- Housemarque's Days of Making Smaller Titles Are Over After PlayStation Acquisition
- Xbox Welcomes Developers Making Their First Console Game
- Game Builder Garage makes game-making fun in latest deep dive video
- Pokemon Go has raked in over $5 billion in five years
- New Donkey Kong Has Been in Development for Over Three Years, Insider Says
- Genshin Impact will add 4 new regions over the next 4 years