In what amounts to a real knockout for the title, Velan Studios and EA Originals’ Knockout City has reached a five million player milestone in just two weeks.
The latest post from the Knockout City blog (which can be read here) had to say the following:
”THANK YOU, brawlers, for making the Knockout City game launch and Block Party an amazing ten-day event that surpassed expectations! This party was unforgettable in many ways, and we’re so excited to see the support and positivity pouring in from you, our community! Since launch, we’ve seen 5 million new brawlers join us in matches, there’s been amazing— and unexpected— gameplay, hundreds of thousands of Crews were formed, over half a billion KOs landed, millions of hours of gameplay were watched, and—dare we say it?—thousands of friendships were made along the way. Who knew you could bond over hitting one another in the face with a dodgeball?”
Taking a page from the world of dodgeball, Knockout City is a team-based competitive multiplayer that allows players to wack their enemies with a ball. Different balls are available for use, including the jump-enhancing Moon Ball and the explosive Bomb Ball.
Learn more about Season 1 coming to the game with the official trailer below:
Welcome to Knockout City — Official Season 1 Trailer
The game is now available for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC.
In what amounts to a real knockout for the title, Velan Studios and EA Originals’ Knockout City has reached a five million player milestone in just two weeks
The Sister of the Thorn career will make its way to Fatshark’s Warhammer: Vermintide 2 today
The world of Thunkd and AMC Games’ The Magnificent Trufflepigs is now available on Steam
In celebration of the Isle of Spires EP, meet the composers behind the score of Guerrilla Games and PlayStation Studios’ Horizon Forbidden West with the latest video for the title
- Multiplayer dodgeball game Knockout City hits five million players since launch
- Knockout City has attracted over 5 million players since launch
- Stardew Valley has sold 15 million copies, including five million in the past two years
- Knockout City gets 5 million to play its brand of multiplayer dodgeball
- Borderlands 3 gets five weeks of events to celebrate its second anniversary
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice hits 6.3 million players
- Sci-fi colony sim RimWorld getting Ideology DLC and big free update “in about two weeks” • Eurogamer.net
- PAX West 2023 Tickets Still Available Two Weeks Later
- Red Dead Online’s PlayStation Plus requirement dropped for two weeks to coincide with new Blood Money update • Eurogamer.net
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus Sells 500,000 Copies In Just Two Weeks