It feels like it’s taken an absolute age to release, but Sniper Elite VR will finally set sights on PSVR from 8th July. The game’s promising a “powerful World War II story” told “through the eyes of an Italian Partisan, rising with your brothers and sisters to protect your homeland from the fascist forces that threaten to destroy your homeland”.
It’s been designed from the ground-up for virtual reality, so while it will retain many of the mechanics from the main series, it will deliver a new perspective for the tried-and-tested systems. Using the PSVR Aim Controller, you’ll be able to physically aim down the sights of your sniper rifle; you’ll also be able to dual-wield if you opt for the PS Move wands.
Yes, the X-Ray kills will return, but even more importantly there’ll be a variety of locomotion options, all designed to retain the freedom of movement that’s a flagship feature in the Sniper Elite games. It’s looking decent in the gameplay trailer embedded above, although there does appear to be a much bigger emphasis on traditional firefights than sniping. Still, we’re eager to scope it out next month.
Push Square | Latest Updates
- Sniper Elite VR release date set for July, will have awesome killcams
- Sniper Elite VR dated for July release on PS VR, PC VR and Oculus VR
- Sniper Elite VR sets its sights on a July 8 release – PlayStation.Blog
- Hunted Forst Sniper – Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
- Best sniper Warzone: the best sniper rifle in Warzone Season 5
- INTENSE SNIPER SURVIVAL! – Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (#5)
- UNSTOPPABLE UNDERGROUND SNIPER – Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (#6)
- THE BEST SNIPER IN THE LAND! (Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2) #8
- Watch Ian play two full levels of Sniper Elite VR on Oculus Rift S • Eurogamer.net
- Sniper Elite VR review — A shot in the dark