Returnal has had a little bit of a bumpy launch with the lack of save states in the middle of a run, along with a rather disastrous patch rollout last week that caused save data corruption for a portion of users. These issues have since been addressed, and developing studio Housemarque is continuing to push out patches to stamp out other outstanding glitches.
The latest patch seeks to increase the apperance rates of Deceased Scouts, which are ghosts of other players who have died during their runs. You’d only be able to see them while playing online, and you can interact with them for bonuses that may help you out during your own run.
The patch also fixes some crash issues and other glitches, as detailed below:
- Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
- After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
- Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
- Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
- Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
- Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.
Returnal is now available exclusively on PS5.
- Returnal’s latest patch once again aiming to make more Deceased Scouts appear • Eurogamer.net
- Biomutant’s most significant patch yet increases level cap and adds scrap from loot screen, among many other changes • Eurogamer.net
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Update Fixes Launcher Crashes, Xbox Series X Glitch
- Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Patch 1.0.1c Adds Fixes and Includes Stability Fixes
- Microsoft Flight Simulator patch improves performance but causes more crashes
- Ultimate – Upcoming Patch Will Alleviate Bugs and Crashes
- Biomutant Patch 1.5 Increases Level Cap, Improves Loot Generation and Adds Modifiers to New Game+
- Ultimate Glitches Could Cause Seizures, Patch Soon
- Biomutant patch adds FoV type for PC, increases level cap, tweaks loot and more
- Cookie Clicker patch increases compatibility with cheats