Ahead of Switch OLED arrival.
Nintendo’s basic Switch model is now cheaper in the UK and mainland Europe by around £20.
That makes it £259.99/€299.99, down from £279.99/€329.99. For comparison, the upcoming Switch OLED is set to launch at £309.99, while the Switch Lite is £199.99.
Nintendo Switch OLED arrives on 8th October alongside Metroid Dread. It boasts a slightly larger screen which has been upgraded to OLED, plus 64GB of internal storage, improved speakers and a wider adjustable stand.
Martin went hands-on with Switch OLED last month, and said it was “the small details that might just make Switch OLED worthwhile” for those looking to upgrade.
That is, of course, if you can find the stock.
There had been whispers last week of an impending price-drop to make way for the arrival of OLED into the bustling Switch market – although that seemed to suggest a larger cut than the more marginal change in pricing seen today.
- Nintendo Switch Base Model Price Officially Reduced To £259 In The UK
- Twitch lowers UK subscription pricing • Eurogamer.net
- Rumour: Nintendo Switch could be getting a price cut in Europe next week
- Nintendo Switch NES controllers now half price at My Nintendo Store • Eurogamer.net
- Nintendo Switch OLED Model Vs. Standard Switch / Switch Lite: Full Tech Specs Comparison
- My Nintendo (Europe): Free 7 day trial of Nintendo Switch Online for previous members or new members
- US military withdraws from Afghanistan base, leaves Pokmon behind • Eurogamer.net
- Rumour: Switch Will Reportedly Receive A Price Cut Ahead Of The OLED Model’s Launch
- An updated PS5 digital model has been spotted and it’s a bit lighter than the current model
- Nintendo Will Not Release A New Model After OLED Nintendo Switch