Update 3.5 of Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky, dubbed “Prisms,” will pay host to a range of new technologies and visual features.
This title will now feature screen space reflection (SSR) technology for the PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. This will add reflective surfaces and improve the lighting quality of the title.
New styles of volumetric lights have also been included, made up of both colored and directional volumetrics. This can be seen firsthand with the bioluminescent flora, Sentinel drone searchlights, and starship headlights.
Gameplay-wise, hazardous weather events like meteors or lightning impacts will now have a chance to spawn valuable objects. The UI for the Appearance Modifier has also seen a refresh.
Interstellar travel has also undergone a sensory overhaul, with both the audio and visual elements tweaked. parallax occlusion mapping technology has also been used, which helps add depth and definition. The lucky ones among us with NVIDIA RTX graphics cards can also take advantage of DLSS, which incorporates anti-aliasing and super sampling techniques.
See this feature in action below:
No Man’s Sky DLSS Support
Learn more about all of these improvements with the trailer below:
No Mans Sky Prisms Trailer
Update 3.5 of Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky, dubbed “Prisms,” will pay host to a range of new technologies and visual features
The world of miHoYo’s Genshin Impact will make its way to the Epic Games Store on June 9, 2023
Fans can immerse themselves into the world of Dying Light with today’s release of the TechlandGG community hub
Prime members will be able to claim Battlefield 4 for free from now until June 20, 2023
- No Man’s Sky: Prisms Update Now Live
- No Man’s Sky Prisms Update Is Out Now
- Summoners War: Sky Arena releases two new monsters, Robo and Sky Surfer | Articles
- No Man’s Sky Frontiers Update Announced In Celebration Of Its 5th Anniversary
- World’s Edge has its sky restored in the Apex Legends map update
- No Man’s Sky Frontiers update teased in celebratory 5-year anniversary video
- No Man’s Sky Frontiers update adds settlements, improved base building
- No Man’s Sky Frontiers update adds procedurally generated settlements, updates base building, more
- No Man’s Sky: Frontiers Update Available Now
- No Man’s Sky Celebrates 5th Anniversary, Frontiers Update Teased