Quicksave Interactive announced today that it has raised $1.5 million in a funding round as reported by VentureBeat.
Quicksave will use the funding to create HTML5-based social games, adding to a catalog including titles such as Rambo: Last Click, Balloon Boy, and Idle Farm Bunnies.
Konvoy Ventures was the lead investor in the seed round, while Sisu Game Ventures, Raptor Group, and Lago Innovation provided additional funding.
“Either way, this space is growing and it’s maturing. The quality is going up and the business models are starting to function well,” said Quicksave Interactive CEO Elina Arponen.
“It would be more interesting if certain things were more possible on iOS phones. Quality-wise, the games are very close to what you will find on a mobile app store, and they can have more social features available.”
Quicksave Interactive was founded in 2017 by Arponen, creative director Ville-Kalle Arponen, and chief technology officer Timo Kämäräinen. Previously the founders worked together at Tribe Studios in similar roles.
The company’s vision “is to make quality games that fare well in the social and quick-paced chat environment.”
- Piepacker raises $3m in seed funding round
- Keen Games raises $10m in Series B funding round
- Spiltgate developer 1047 Games raises $10m in funding round
- Edge Gaming raises $2m in pre-seed funding round
- Nifty Games raises $38m in Series B funding round
- VRChat closes $80m Series D funding round
- Bad Robot Games raises more than $40m in Series B funding
- Electric Gamebox raises $11m in Series A funding
- GXC raises $4.73m in Series A funding
- Pipeline raises $2m in a seed funding