The developer behind Biomutant has said an upcoming update will make significant improvements to the game.
Experiment 101 said this update, which it hopes to release soon, will include bug fixes and “changes based on community feedback”.
What changes, exactly? Experiment 101 didn’t go into great detail, but namechecked many of Biomutant’s systems:
“We are working on the pacing of dialogues, narrator settings, difficulty settings, video settings like depth of field and motion blur, loot and enemy tuning as well as sound and combat,” the developer said.
That’s quite a lot of the game this update is set to tackle!
The mention of “narrator settings” is interesting. Biomutant’s incorporeal narrator is certainly pretty chatty, commenting on pretty much everything you do and translating everything anyone says. While you can tone him down, you can’t shut him up completely. Perhaps this update will let you do just that.
There’s some sort of change to combat planned, too, but we don’t know what. Biomutant’s combat isn’t particularly impactful, so perhaps Experiment 101 plans to make improvements here.
We are working on the pacing of dialogues, narrator settings, difficulty settings, video settings like depth of field and motion blur, loot and enemy tuning as well as sound and combat.
— Biomutant (@Biomutant) May 29, 2023
As mentioned, the update is due out soon. Experiment 101 said it expects it to come out on PC before consoles.
- Biomutant’s most significant patch yet increases level cap and adds scrap from loot screen, among many other changes • Eurogamer.net
- Babylon’s Fall Developer PlatinumGames Promises Changes Due to Beta Feedback; PS4 Beta Dated
- Future Call of Duty: Warzone patch will make ‘sweeping balance changes’ to weapons and TTK
- Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut – Patch 2.07 Fixes Issues With Haptic Feedback, Activity Cards on PS5
- Returnal’s latest patch once again aiming to make more Deceased Scouts appear • Eurogamer.net
- Pokemon Go reverses PokeStop changes after community protest
- Bungie Highlights Upcoming Destiny 2: Season of the Splicer Stasis Changes
- Battlegrounds Mobile India – Major changes in Ranking System and Royal Pass in the upcoming season | Articles
- New Valheim video outlines upcoming changes to blocking and staggering
- Biomutant sells 1m copies, broke even a week after launch • Eurogamer.net