This story is part of a group of stories called
E3 2023 takes place June 12-15 as a re-imagined, all-virtual online event. Nintendo, Xbox, Bethesda, Square Enix, Sega, Bandai Namco, Ubisoft, Capcom, and others will deliver new video game announcements, trailers, release dates, and more.
Nintendo’s new WarioWare for Nintendo Switch will include the usual microgame zaniness when it launches this September. Players will pluck armpit hair, pick noses, squeeze tubes of toothpaste, and more, all in seconds-long chunks of gameplay that can be played cooperatively.
WarioWare: Get It Together! will also include the usual slate of Nintendo-themed microgames developed by WarioWare Inc. veteran character 9-Volt. This time around, 9-Volt’s collection of games inspired by Nintendo classics will be more modern than ever. As seen in Nintendo’s Treehouse Live E3 2023 gameplay stream, WarioWare: Get It Together! will include games based on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Splatoon.
And that appears to include a microgame based on Fire Emblem: Three Houses’s delicious teatime segments, the light dating simulation moments that let you get to know the game’s characters a little better (and sometimes make them blush). We got a micro-tease of that microgame during Nintendo’s stream today:
The Nintendo Treehouse folk also offered a glimpse of a couple other Nintendo-inspired games, including one modeled after Luigi’s Mansion and another based on 8-bit classic Ice Climber. There’s also at least one Animal Crossing: New Horizons-inspired microgame, in which players have to shoot down and “deliver” a present. (But they didn’t show much, so as not to spoil the delightfully surprising flood of microgames that are traditionally packed into WarioWare.)
In previous WarioWare games, 9-Volt’s library of Nintendo-themed games has drawn from 8-bit and 16-bit Nintendo classics like Excitebike, Super Mario Bros., F-Zero, Duck Hunt, and Donkey Kong, as well as Nintendo’s pre-video game products (Ultra Hand, hanafuda cards, etc.). But Nintendo has also created WarioWare microgames based on more recent products, like amiibo, Brain Age, the Mii Maker, and Nintendogs.
WarioWare: Get It Together! will be released Sept. 10 for Nintendo Switch.
Polygon – All
- Video: 11 Nintendo Themed Microgames We’ve Found In WarioWare: Get It Together!
- Nintendo Minute – “WarioWare: Get It Together! Microgames Showdown in New Mode”
- WarioWare: Get It Together! is a brand new WarioWare game coming to Switch in September
- Become a microgame wiz with WarioWare: Get It Together! on Nintendo Switch this Friday
- WarioWare’s fast-paced microgames meet horror film tropes in Spookware
- WarioWare: Get It Together! first gameplay – Nintendo Treehouse: Live | E3 2023
- Video: Nintendo Minute play WarioWare: Get It Together
- Video: Nintendo Minute play some more WarioWare: Get It Together
- US: WarioWare: Get It Together button pin set reward now available from My Nintendo
- Wah! A Free Demo For WarioWare: Get It Together Is Now Available On Switch