While the Xbox and PC worlds continue to merge, it’s still hard to avoid the fact that the Xbox is in dire need of more exclusives and reasons to buy their hardware over somebody else’s, and games like The Ascent could be exactly what the doctor ordered if they deliver on their promises. Surely some will and some won’t, that’s the nature of games but with everything being in place the way that it is and the team behind the project clearly being focused on all of the right things, The Ascent has almost everything it needs in order to be in the camp of the former and not the latter.
We’re going to have to wait and see just what happens when the game launches next month, but until then we have every reason to be confident that this is going to be an interesting experience no matter how it ultimately shakes out. Will it be enough to move Xbox series X’s more than PlayStation 5’s? Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but either way it should be an interesting game and if any of its elements interest you it’s probably going to be something worth checking out if not at launch then soon after. We will definitely be keeping an eye on it from here on out as this particular combination of ideas is something that might just be one of the better games of the year if it can really pull everything off the way that it clearly wants to.
- Is Forza Horizon 5 Shaping Up To Be The Best Looking Next-Gen Game?
- Crysis 3 Remastered is shaping up beautifully on Nintendo Switch. • Eurogamer.net
- Red Dead Online Is Filled With Glitchy Horses
- The mind-boggling work that went into Red Dead 2’s incredibly lifelike horses
- Eight Very Convincing Reasons To Make Better Video Game Horses
- Rustler On PS5 Replaces GTA’s Cars With Medieval Horses
- Bugsnax studio Young Horses moving to four-day work weeks
- Why it could succeed. Why it can fail. And what may actually happen
- The Ascent Is Now Available For Windows 10, Xbox One, And Xbox Series X|S (Xbox Game Pass)
- The Ascent Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S