Dicey Dungeons and VVVVVV creator Terry Cavanagh has been on a bit of a Roblox kick as of late. After daring players to climb an impractically large man, the Irish developer is now striking random players with lightning in the succinctly named Anyone could be struck by lightning at any time.
Earlier this week, Cavanagh posted a simple outline for an extremely daft multiplayer experiment with Roblox’ editing tools. It is, in short, the greatest pitch for a game I’ve read in years.
here is the (entire) idea: pic.twitter.com/4cbDo6sJqiJune 2, 2023
Now that it’s out, Cavanagh’s latest “Obby” (don’t call it a game) delivers exactly what it promised. Every 30 seconds, a random player on the server will be struck by lightning. You can’t stop it. You can’t avoid it. You’re going to be struck by lightning. But if it hits someone else, you’ll grow a little bit bigger.
At best, you can hope the server fills up enough that the sheer weight of numbers makes it less likely you’ll be fried. Sadly, it doesn’t seem lightning will boot you from the server entirely, as pitched—instead, you’re just shrunk back from whatever height you’d acquired.
By Cavanagh’s admission, Climb The Giant Man took about three months or so to put together as he got to grips with Roblox’s tools. ACBSBLAAT meanwhile, seems to have come together in just a few days, speaking to how easy it seems developers can throw together ideas in the platform’s tools.
- 10 UNSETTLING Strangers Spotted in Open World Games
- There’s a Dicey inFAMOUS PS5 Rumour Doing the Rounds
- Roblox Corporation CEO & co-founder Dave Baszucki says that the Switch “makes perfect sense for Roblox”
- Minecraft Dungeons Gets Echoing Void DLC July 28th; Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition Announced
- Minecraft Dungeons: Ultimate Edition Is Now Available For Windows 10, Xbox One And Xbox Series X|S
- Minecraft Dungeons update out now (version 18.104.22.168), patch notes
- Arby’s Now Sells Official Dungeons & Dragons Dice, Because Naturally
- Roblox boss says PlayStation and Switch “make perfect sense” for the game builder
- Parent watchdog group warning about Roblox
- Make Some Noise at the In the Heights Virtual Block Party on Roblox