Tucked underneath all of the announcements from the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase was id Software’s DOOM Eternal. Its long-awaited Xbox Series X/S and PS5 update releases on June 29th and offers features like 4K/60 FPS, 120 FPS and ray tracing. Even PC players will receive the ray tracing features on the same day.
id Software broke down the various modes – Performance, Balanced and Ray Tracing – in an official post. The Xbox Series X is capable of 1800p/120 FPS, 2160p/60 FPS and 1800p/60 FPS with ray tracing. PS5 is slightly behind, running at 1584p/120 FPS but also offers 2160p/60 FPS and 1800p/60 FPS with ray tracing. Xbox Series S gets 1080p/120 FPS and 1440p/60 FPS – no ray tracing support is available for it.
For PC, ray tracing mode depends on one’s own hardware so make sure you have a compatible GPU. The developer also noted that all modes use dynamic resolution scaling and that ray tracing isn’t available in Performance or Balance Mode. Performance Mode also requires a 120hz compatible display; Balanced Mode needs a 4K compatible screen. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks on how all of the platforms perform with this update.
Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides | GamingBolt
- DOOM Slayers Collection physical edition listed for Switch, includes DOOM 1-3, DOOM 2016, and DOOM 64
- Doom Eternal Next-Gen Update For PS5 And Xbox Series X/S Is Now Available
- Doom Eternal’s next-gen patch tested on PS5 and Xbox Series consoles • Eurogamer.net
- Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part One Arrives On Nintendo Switch Today
- Nintendo says new update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons arrives on 29th July
- Experience Next-Gen Upgrades and New Content in Doom Eternal’s Update 6
- DOOM Eternal Update 6.66 Will Add Horde Mode, Battlemode Overhaul, And New Master Levels
- QuakeCon 2024 Schedule Includes Deathloop Deep Dive, DOOM Eternal Studio Update
- Smash roundup: Kazuya Mishima coming to Super Smash Bros Ultimate on 29th June, Mii Fighters include Shantae and Dante
- Doom Eternal 6.66 brings Horde mode, new Master Levels, and a Battle mode overhaul