EA has hired Bryan Beede—formerly the general manager for the Call of Duty series—to lead the Battlefield franchise at EA.
As it announced the news, EA stated that the appointment “signals a strategic, long-term commitment to the growth of the franchise.” (As per IGN.)
Beede, having worked on not only Call of Duty but Destiny as well, has strong experience in launching live-service games. (Warzone has been a resounding success, to say nothing of Call of Duty Mobile—which is my usual approach.)
EA likely has Warzone in its crosshairs, putting huge resources into the upcoming Battlefield 6, which is scheduled to be revealed on June 9.
VideoGamer.com – All Updates
- BioWare names Gary McKay studio general manager
- Pro Baseball General Manager is the latest management sim from Games2rk, out now for iOS and Android | Articles
- Creative Assembly Hires Destiny Producer to Lead Sega-themed FPS
- Cyberpunk 2077 Stability ‘Satisfactory’, Says CDPR, More ‘General’ Improvements in Development
- Server capacity increased for Battlefield 4 due to influx of players following Battlefield 2042 reveal
- Battlefield Portal Allows You to Build the Battlefield Experience of Your Dreams
- The next Battlefield will reportedly be called Battlefield 2042
- EA increases Battlefield 4 server capacity after Battlefield 2042 reveal sparks player spike • Eurogamer.net
- Battlefield 4 server capacity increased to deal with players hyped for Battlefield 2042
- Battlefield 2042 – Battlefield 4 Character Returns in “Exodus” Short Film