During Gearbox Software’s E3 2024 presentation, Blackbird Interactive confirmed that Homeworld 3 is now in production. No gameplay footage or anything else of note was revealed, aside from some reminiscing about the Homeworld series being the first RTS to have a fully 3D axis.
Homeworld 3 was announced in August 2019 and available for funding through Fig for $1. A teaser trailer was provided but we wouldn’t see any more footage until two years later (that too just 28 seconds). Nevertheless, the developer promises to adhere to the classic gameplay elements that made the older games so beloved.
Homeworld 3 is currently in development for PC but it’s far from the only title that Blackbird has in development. Its space ship salvaging title Hardspace: Shipbreaker is still in early access while the company announced it was working on CrossFire: Legion, a fast-paced RTS based on SmileGate’s FPS franchise that releases in 2024. Stay tuned for more details from Gearbox’s presentation in the meantime.
Video Game News, Reviews, Walkthroughs And Guides | GamingBolt
- Homeworld Mobile Gameplay Trailer Showcases Combat
- Homeworld and Battlestar Galactica collide in new space RTS game Fragile Existence
- Homeworld Is Being Turned Into A Tabletop RPG
- A possible Alan Wake 2 is now in “full production”
- Grasshopper Manufacture now has 5 new games in production and 3 are new IPs
- Grasshopper Manufacture Has 5 Games In Production; No More Heroes Now Fully Back With Marvelous
- AMD’s prototype Zen CPU delivers 15% gaming boost and will be in production ‘by the end of the year’
- Production on World of Warcraft apparently halted because of the Activision Blizzard lawsuit
- MachineGames’ Indiana Jones Title is in the “Very, Very, Very Early” Stages of Production – Bethesda
- New Hakuouki OVA Currently in Production