2020’s Final Fantasy 7 Remake just got upgraded to take advantage of the PS5’s better hardware capabilities. Thanks to this free upgrade, Final Fantasy 7 Remake on the PS5 now has the option to run at a better frame rate or at a higher resolution compared to the PS4 Pro. This is interesting because Final Fantasy 7 Remake was only released on PS4 and PS4 Pro and the potential of playing it in 60fps is definitely a mouth watering prospect.
The PS5 free upgrade adds two different modes, Performance and Graphics modes, but before we talk about them, note that we analysed the performance by taking some sample scenes from the game and running it through trdrop, an open source software. Note that this tool gives us a mere demonstration of the game’s performance, because an exact 1:1 representation of performance can only be provided by the developers themselves since they have access to a vast array of tools and profilers.
So as noted previously, Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PS5 has two modes, Graphics and Performance. The Graphics mode pushes the game at higher resolution, perhaps 4K, and runs at a stable 30 frames per second. This marks a substantial improvement in image quality compared to the PS4 Pro version which only ran at 1620p and at 30 frames per second. However, the Performance is where we are interested in.
The game runs at a stable 60 frames per second in this mode, albeit at a lower resolution, Given that the game features fast paced action, this is the best way to experience the game, at least in our opinion. 60 frames per second makes a massive difference specially when compared to 30 frames per second on the PS4 Pro. We will leave you with more frame rate tests and comparisons between different modes, so check them out and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. Also, let us know what game you want us to test next.
- Metro Exodus – PS5 vs PS4 Pro, Xbox Series X vs Xbox One X Comparison – Frame Rate Test
- Ratchet And Clank Rift Apart: PS5 Fidelity Mode vs Performance RT vs Performance – Frame Rate Test
- Zero Dawn PS5 vs PS4 Pro – Frame Rate And Load Time Comparison
- F1 2023 Frame Rate Analysis – PS5 vs Xbox Series X vs PC Graphics Comparison
- Scarlet Nexus Tech Analysis: PS5 vs Xbox Series X Comparison – Frame Rate Test
- Senua’s Sacrifice Xbox One X vs Xbox Series X Graphical Comparison and Frame-Rate Test
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order – Xbox Series X vs. Xbox One X Comparison – Frame Rate Test
- Scarlet Nexus Tech Analysis – PS5 vs Xbox Series X Frame Rate Comparison
- F1 2023 Frame Rate Comparison – PS5 vs Xbox Series X vs PC
- Samurai Warriors 5 Frame Rate Analysis – PS5 vs Xbox Series X Comparison